Live Well San Diego Pilot Community
- Forget Washington: Three Ways Cities are Leading the Fight for Excellence
5 Dec 2016
By Kruse Scholar Kofi Gunu The election is over. No matter what your personal preferences were, Donald Trump won, ... more
- Category 3 – Who is the Customer in a Community?
28 Oct 2016
Normally I leave the blogging up to our Kruse Scholars, whose posts this past year continue to impress and inspire ... more
- Neighboring Communities and How They Stand Out
7 Oct 2016
By San Diego Community Fellow Janice Luna Reynoso Ever since I can remember it has been my pleasure to be ... more
In 2015, Communities of Excellence 2026 and the San Diego County Health and Human Services Agency agreed to work together as part of the first community in the nation to implement the Communities of Excellence Framework.
Live Well San Diego, the County’s strategic vision for a healthy, safe and thriving San Diego County along with the many partner organizations that support the vision will serve as the backbone for this effort.
We will initially focus our work in the South Region of San Diego County, in the boundaries of Chula Vista and National City’s elementary school districts (see below). With a total population of over 340,000 people, this represents roughly 10% of San Diego County.
Live Well San Diego – South Region
This effort will be led by the South Region Leadership Team made up of members from Live Well San Diego Partner Organizations. You can learn more about these organizations, and how to participate here.
After two years of planning, the journey from Great to Excellent! is underway. Building on the accomplishments already achieved by the many organizations and partners in the South Region, COE 2026 is working with LWSD to compile a Community Profile as the first step in the journey to excellence.
We hope you will follow our progress as this journey continues.
Links and Resources
• Live Well San Diego
• Blogrige, the official Baldrige Blog: When a Community Profiles Itself: What We're Learning
Posted August 2nd, 2016
• Blogrige, the official Baldrige Blog: A Bold Vision for Community Health
Posted July 28th, 2016
• Blogrige, the official Baldrige Blog: Update on Communities of Excellence
2026 Posted March 31st, 2016
• Blogrige, the official Baldrige Blog: Community Focused Excellence: Something New on the Horizon
Posted February 19th, 2015